I put together ten of the most funny commercials that made me laugh and that are also famous, that have written history so to say. You find the description below. I hope you enjoy them as I did. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1 - or at least your #1.5 - I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the "Astronaut Ad" from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood.
2. Doritos, "Ultrasound"/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler's “Holding up for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called "Darth Vader" from 2011 Super Bowl - this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 - who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, "Disruptive World" with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version - with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup, What’s up or True, true that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a catchphrase. It won the Cannes Grand Prix and the Grand Clio awards, and was parodied in Scary Movie in 2000, years later also by Annoying Orange and others.
11.5 Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / “Wassup Wasabi or just "Wasabi", the lesser known yet extremely funny follow-up to the Whassup commercial with Dookie and his wife
The votes are in and the current winner is: Bud “Whassup” – true, true …
Results in detail, status July 25, 2018 (votes and positive mentions counted)
1. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser / Bud, “Whassup” / “Wasabi”: 256 votes/mentions
2. Cinesite, “Beans” / Astronaut: 137 votes/mentions
3. Wix, “Disruptive World”: 128 votes/mentions – mainly because of Gal Gadot (and a little bit because of Jason Statham)
4. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”: 115 vote/mention – mainly because of the cute dogs
5. Volkswagen, “The Force” / Darth Vader: 81 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute Darth Vader
6. Doritos, “Ultrasound”: 76 votes/mentions
7. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge”: 70 votes/mentions – mainly because of Liam Neeson
8. Kia, “The Truth” / Matrix: 46 votes/mentions – mainly because of Laurence Fishburne
9. Kia, “Hero”: 46 votes/mentions
10. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian”: 19 votes/mentions
11. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness”: 9 votes/mentions
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!
Which commercial is your #1? Write your answer in the comments, your vote will be included in the ranking!
Current winner is: Bud light “Whassup”/"Wasabi" with 256 votes/positive mentions - for more details see the description text below the video - next ranking update coming, you can post your vote anytime, thanks to everybody who joined in and left a comment!
I'm glad you like my video! Thank you very much for your nice comment! Honestly, I also can't decide which one I like the most ... That's why I accept multiple choices - if you have more than one favorite, just tell me.
I'm glad you like them! They are fantastic! Most viewers of my video voted for them (see the the ranking), so I made a new video with Whassup commercials only (not all, but the most funny ones), maybe you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q&t ..... xD
I'm glad you liked it, it's a great commercial! Statham often does car advertising, due to his popularity from the Transporter movies. I have second commercial with him in my other video if you like (it starts with him): https://youtu.be/nUthZjReGJY?list=PLNVo_A9_fae-4sFB0TIi0Z2OjEcbOKL8T
You're right, it is! I also remember when it came out, we were running around, saying it, tongue out ... xD If you like, I made a new video only with the Whassup commercials - because most viewers liked it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q&t
stendec 5762 : You're right, it is very touching. Also, it tells a story from the end to the beginning in just 30 seconds, that's amazing. As a gamer, you know exactly what it means and how it feels. xD
what about the doritos ad where there are 2 guys in an office and guy1 eats all the doritos and guy2 says "you forgot the best part" and guy2 grabs guy1's hand and sucks his finger and moans "mmmmmmm chhhheeessseeee"
Ha ha, yes, this one is also very funny, as are many of the Doritos commercials, I'm a fan! It just may not have been so famous as the one I included in my video - called "Ultrasound", sometimes also "Birth" - and which caused some stir on Twitter when it was released, as decribed in the text below the video
Wassuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! By the way, because the last commercials are the most liked in my video, I made a new one with only the Whassup commercials, if you like to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
Interesting to see how car commercials are so remotely different compared to the ones we see in The Netherlands/Europe (could just be that these were made for airtime during the Superbowl, but still).
I liked the one with Morpheus, but thought the opera-singing part was a little far fetched compared to what they could've done with all the cool Matrix stuff out of the first movie.
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes, you are absolutely right when it comes to the different advertising. But in this case the commercial was aired during the Super Bowl 2014, so it was produced for a very special occasion with a huge audience - I described the commercials in the text below the video - and they gave everything. It's not the usual commercial
I wasn't specifically talking about the brands, because we have Porsch Cayennes here. I was talking about the completely different way of trying to inform the public of a new one, in the Netherlands they usually drive through some (maybe simulated) day or night scene while some of the most profound technical details are mentioned in a voice-over. The car comes to a halt next to a variant of the same model and the price (and every financial advantage the really environmentally friendly engine has hehe) is listed and that's about it :P. I think most of them only last 20 seconds, and maybe 30.
Also I wasn't explicitly giving a vote, I just mentioned how I liked what they did with Morpheus' character.
1. Thank you very much for your vote, I'm glad you liked it! 2. Yes, the cars are different in US, they have cars that are not being sold in Europe. I am from Austria and they have Porsche Cayennes there that are not available here. Also, a viewer from South Korea told me he never saw such entertaining commercials for their Kias, they are mostly very high level, premium, upper class, even a little boring ... xD
I'm glad you liked it, thank you for telling me! The last one is actually the current winner of the ranking - the most liked commercial in my video - so I made a new one with only Whassup commercials, maybe you like see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
I can help you even more that just subscribing to your channel, I can give you a good advice: Produce the best videos of the highest quality you can imagine, give everything you have, put your heart and your love in it and work, work, work and do it for the viewers, so that they have a good time watching your videos and really enjoy it. And: don't expect anything! I had my channel for more than 7 years, invested like 3000 hours of works of my free time and nothing happened. Than, suddenly, I had some success over night but sadly couldn't monetize anything - my channel here is still under review after half a year - and I'm producing new videos of high quality like this weekend, 8 hours work, answer all comments like 2 hours every day and I'm doing it just because I love funny commercials and want to make my viewers enjoy them and have a nice time, and I also get a lot of not so nice comments. Do it for the right reasons and maybe you will succeed and get some subscribers. Good luck!
Nonsense! Max received a pacemaker just few months after his birth, with 7 he had a corrective open-heart surgery and received a valve. Afterwards he starred in different sitcoms and commercials, for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Force_(advertisement)
I don't even like thinking about the smell of Old Spice, but the final scene with 'Skeleton Man' caught me off guard. Creative and funny!
Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
After that sweet little 'toot' I expected this one to be a "Beano" ad.
Do guys who choose Bud Light really act like, “Whassup”/"Wasabi," eh?
First part made me smile. Second part, not so much.
У пиндосов очень однотипный юмор в стиле "Чарли Чаплина". Им очень смешно, когда кто то падает, стукается, проваливается, даже из смерти они делают шутку. Иногда смешно, но когда всегда одно и то же - это не очень забавно. Пиндосы слишком примитивны.
Pindos have a very similar humor in the style of "Charlie Chaplin". They are very funny when someone falls, knocks, falls, even from death they make a joke. Sometimes it's funny, but when it's always the same - it's not very funny. Pindos are too primitive.
Serg Volkov : Not one of these commercials is from Hollywood, as far as I know. They were made by international advertising agencies for international clients: The first commercial is by Cinesite from Canada, the third and fourth are for Kia which is from South Korea, Volkswagen comes from Germany, Clash of Clans is Finish, the Wix commercial is for a Israeli company, was directed by a French director and shot in Spain. They were meant for the US market as some of them are Super Bowl commercials but they were running worldwide. If you like to have more background information, please read my description text below the video.
I'm glad you liked it, I love the Wasabi myself! Funny thing, just few minutes ago I uploaded a new video here on my channel "Whassup: The Ultimate Collection" with the best Whassup follow-ups, if you like to watch them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNaMBWnzNvI