I put together ten of the most funny commercials that made me laugh and that are also famous, that have written history so to say. You find the description below. I hope you enjoy them as I did. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1 - or at least your #1.5 - I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the "Astronaut Ad" from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood.
2. Doritos, "Ultrasound"/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler's “Holding up for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called "Darth Vader" from 2011 Super Bowl - this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 - who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, "Disruptive World" with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version - with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup, What’s up or True, true that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a catchphrase. It won the Cannes Grand Prix and the Grand Clio awards, and was parodied in Scary Movie in 2000, years later also by Annoying Orange and others.
11.5 Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / “Wassup Wasabi or just "Wasabi", the lesser known yet extremely funny follow-up to the Whassup commercial with Dookie and his wife
The votes are in and the current winner is: Bud “Whassup” – true, true …
Results in detail, status September 14, 2018 (votes and positive mentions counted)
1. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser / Bud, “Whassup” / “Wasabi”: 273 votes/mentions
2. Cinesite, “Beans” / Astronaut: 150 votes/mentions
3. Wix, “Disruptive World”: 147 votes/mentions – mainly because of Gal Gadot (and a little bit because of Jason Statham)
4. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”: 121 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute dogs
5. Volkswagen, “The Force” / Darth Vader: 86 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute Darth Vader
6. Doritos, “Ultrasound”: 85 votes/mentions
7. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge”: 79 votes/mentions – mainly because of Liam Neeson
8. Kia, “Hero”: 50 votes/mentions
9. Kia, “The Truth” / Matrix: 48 votes/mentions
10. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian”: 21 votes/mentions
11. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness”: 12 votes/mentions
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!
In the first one the three astronauts planting the flag are Americans but the one hiding then farting has the Italian or Irish flag on his left arm. What is an Italian or Irish farting astronaut doing here ? (Is Haynes Irish ?)
victor gaudu : Yeah, when it comes to the flag, there have already been some discussions here - if you are right regarding the position of the arm, it could also be the flag of Nigeria xD But you know, on the Fart Side of the Moon everything is possible :-)
For the flag thing I'm pretty sure the green stripe is vertical and only appears to be horizontal because of the position of the arm because the american flags on the other astronauts arms are also changed.
Thanks for the info :) I was too preoccupied with the farting astronauts flag to realize it.
The Italian flag has vertical pales, the shown flag here seems to have horizontal ones. Anyway, astronauts don't necessarily fly the colors of their homelands but rather of their space agencies resp. their sponsors. So they can plant whatever flag they like and don't have to be the same nationality. Regarding Haynes, this product doesn't exist: the commercial is a so called "mock ad" - I describe it in the description text below the video - for a fictional product that only resembles Heinz beans. The actual advertiser is Cinesite, the famous visual effects and feature animation studio from Canada, known for its movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others. Their logo appears at the end of the ad. With this commercial they wanted to show what they can do - and where quite successful with it xD
Yeah, it is a good one! Actually, the viewers voted it the most liked commercial of this video, so I made another one with the best Whassup commercials only, maybe you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
I'm glad you like them both! I will simply include both your choices in the next ranking update, and thank you very much for your vote! I made the video and honestly, I myself can't name a favorite, I ... well ... I love them all! xD
That's hard to say: In 1999 Budweiser wanted to appeal to younger viewers, so they made this commercial that didn't feel like conventional advertising and was simply about friends and buddies hanging around together, doing nonse, talking nonsense ... The first one was extremely successful, it won many prizes, there were a lot of parodies on the internet from users - and that means something at this time - also in movies (Scary Movie, Annoying Orange etc.) and a lot of Talkshows ... If you like to know more, I made a video with the funniest Whassup commercials, in the description text below the video you can read about the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
The first one is just stupid! You wouldn't hear a fart on the moon anyway! The whale one was very funny? Interesting matrix car commercial! Shadow of War commercial is really good. Whatever you do in the game affects other characters and how they will interact with you later in the game. The hot dog commercial- not so good. The Darth Vadar one was almost good. The "what's up" commercial sure isn't! Sort of reminds me of Rerun in "What's Happening", except he was much better.
I'm glad you liked it, I will include your vote in the next ranking update! Because this video was so successful and the Whassup commercial got the most votes by the viewers, I made another video with the best Whassup commercials only, maybe you like it too - have fun: https://youtu.be/8bvYpuMol3Q
Peter Burto : Thank you for noticing! xD It's my video and when somebody takes time to write a comment, I take time to answer. I appreciate comments very much. Also, some people have interesting questions, and from time to time there are really interesting conversations.
BloodAxe _Gaming : You are easily satisfied - from 69 to 3 in just 3 minutes - thank you very much for your flexibility! :-) By the way, I know some of these commercials are a little bit tough - but I hope not too much - which one are you thinking about for age restriction? The first one?
Actually, there have been some discussions here about it being the Italian flag which I believe is wrong, I don't think they would use a real flag anyway. But doesn't the Nigerian flag have three vertical plates while this one seems to have two horizontal plates?
You're right, they are, and I'm glad you liked them. The first one is from Cinesite who made movies movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others. Melissa and Lawrence Fishburne are also extremely good. xD
"Without You", written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans of the British rock group Badfinger, first released on their 1970 album No Dice. By the way, it has been recorded by over 180 artists, the singer of this version is Harry Nilsson, from the 1971 album Nilsson Schmilsson.