If you want a brighter, whiter grin, there is a once-a-week method that can have you flashing your pearliest whites—the natural way and you only need a few ingredients such as baking soda and a lemon.
How to Naturally Whiten Teeth
You can naturally and cheaply whiten your teeth at home using just two simple, all-natural ingredients and a toothbrush. You can brush your way to a whiter smile in just a few minutes’ time, once per week. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. tablespoon of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) – you can also use baking soda as a general kitchen medicine.
2. The juice of half a lemon or lime – also see how to use lemon as a medicine.
3. A clean, new toothbrush
That’s it! Here is how to put nature’s smile brightener to work for you:
Teeth Whitening at Home – The Method:
1. Place a tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl and squeeze the juice of half a lemon (or half a lime) over the top.
2. The mixture will fizz up as the soda interacts with the citric acid in the citrus juice.
3. Once the fizzing subsides somewhat, take your toothbrush and stir the mixture into a thick paste. If the paste is too runny, add a dash or two more of baking soda until the proper consistency has been reached.
4. Put the paste onto the toothbrush and brush all of your teeth thoroughly, just as you would with regular toothpaste.
5. Rinse your mouth out well with plenty of water, and you’re done! That’s all there is to it.